Seeing that I’m not an expert in macarons I enlisted the help of an undercover macaron connoisseur. His identity will remain anonymous to protect his life and hence most importantly the knowledge of macarons he holds.
What is a Macaron
A macaron is composed of 2 meringue based cookies filled with ganache or jam.
What Makes a Divine Macaron
- The meringue based cookie should be smooth, effortlessly easy to bite into and instantly dissolves in your mouth.
- The filling should be smooth and firm. When you bite into the macaron nothing should shoot out.
- And obviously the taste
W e have shortlisted the potential bests to Laduree and Fauchon. 4 basic and to 2 wild card flavors were selected from each shop and evaluated.
- Divine Macaron: One is never enough
- Meh: It’s good but you’ll just finish it cause you bit into it
- Obscene: Can’t even finish the one
|Pistachio||Meh||Pistachio flavor was too light|
|Orange||Meh||Orange is just not my thing|
|Lemon||Obscene||The lemon flavor was too strong|
Fauchon makes all its macarons in Dubai and currently has 6 flavors on hand.
|Chocolate||Meh||It was tasty but it was a border line brownie|
|Raspberry||Obscene||It was too sweet – I couldn’t finish my bite let alone the macaron|
|Orange Blossom||Divine||Oh my|
Laduree flies all its macarons in from France and has a multitude of flavors on hand.
With four divines for Laduree vs two divines for Fauchon, Laduree turns out to be the winner of the Best Macarons in Dubai!